Over the past 20 years, I’ve done just about every type of writing for every type of audience.
- I’ve helped technology companies develop their brands and tell their customer stories.
- I’ve written business plans and pitch decks for dozens of early stage companies.
- I’ve created websites for small businesses, including naming, branding, content strategy, writing, design, and WordPress development.
- I’ve worked on email promotions, SEO content, sales collateral, and multichannel marketing campaigns.
- I’ve also racked up a few years of journalism, a ton of social marketing experience during my early years in the non-profit sector, and even some highly technical white papers and grants.
This diversity of experience has challenged me to an unusual level of self-education. I follow a lot of leading thinkers on all aspects of content, marketing, and innovation to maintain a strategic, evidence-based perspective. I’m a gigantic nerd and proud of it!
I graduated from The College of William & Mary in 1997 with a dual major in English and Sociology.
Clear communication and jargon-busting
Digital marketing strategy, especially content marketing
Distilling and projecting brand personality
Creative thinking informed by UX design principles
Interviewing and research
Translating technical content into real people language
Working with and developing style guides (Oxford comma!)
Attention to detail
Devotion to deadlines
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, GSuite, and WordPress
All Star Directories